thorny definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective thornier, thorniest
- full of thorns; brambly; prickly
- having thorns or spines: said of some animals
- like a thorn; sharp
- full of obstacles, vexations, pain, etc.: the thorny road to peace
- full of controversial points; difficult; contentious: a thorny problem
thorny definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Full of or covered with thorns.
- Painfully controversial; vexatious: a thorny situation; thorny issues.
How would you define this word? Add your helpful comment.
comments powered by