The definition of troublesome is someone or something that causes problems or that is annoying or difficult.
A child that is always talking back to you and that never does what he is supposed to do is an example of a troublesome child.
characterized by or causing trouble, irritation, difficulty, distress, inconvenience, etc.
Characterized by or causing trouble or anxiety.
(comparative more troublesome, superlative most troublesome)
- She was very troublesome when I began to write this morning.
- That idea was troublesome to Carmen as well.
- Though somewhat troublesome intendancy of Rouen.
- These latter, like the colonists in the American Far West, had to be constantly on the alert against the attacks of their troublesome neighbours, and they accordingly organized themselves in semi-military fashion.
- Mention must also be made of an extraordinarily elaborate and troublesome process invented by Kajinia Ippu, a great artist of the present day.