- having a point, or sharp end
- tapering to a point, as a Gothic arch
- sharp; incisive; to the point, as an epigram
- clearly aimed at, or referring to, someone: a pointed remark
- very evident; emphasized; conspicuous
See pointed in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Having an end coming to a point.
- Sharp; cutting: pointed criticism.
- Obviously directed at or making reference to a particular person or thing: a pointed comment.
- Clearly evident or conspicuous; marked: a pointed lack of interest.
- Characterized by the use of a pointed crown, as in Gothic architecture: a pointed arch.
- Having a rough finish produced by a pointed tool. Used of masonry.
Learn more about pointed