This woman has laid down and gone to sleep.
The definition of laid is the past form of lay.
An example of laid is someone getting into bed, he laid down.
Past tense and past participle of lay1
- simple past tense and past participle of lay
- Once the carpet was laid, it would be ready for occupants.
- Then laid out his clothes for the evening and crawled into bed for a catnap.
- He finished and laid out his clothing and weapons in neat piles for the next day then stood at the bed.
- She laid her head on his shoulder.
- Jackson laid his head back and closed his eyes.