- plural form of line
- (fortifications, in the plural) Dispositions made to cover extended positions, and presenting a front in but one direction to an enemy.
- (shipbuilding, in the plural) Form of a vessel as shown by the outlines of vertical, horizontal, and oblique sections.
- (education, in the plural) A school punishment in which a student must repeatedly write out a line of text related to the offence (e.g. "I must be quiet in class") a specified number of times; the lines of text so written out.
- If you don't behave I'll give you lines
- I had to write out 200 lines
- (US, in the plural) The reins with which a horse is guided by his driver.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of line