- a person or thing that traces lines or stripes
- ☆ a steamship, passenger airplane, etc. in regular service for a specific line
- ☆ line drive
- a cosmetic applied in a fine line, as along the eyelid or, in the theater, to accentuate a natural line in the face
- a person who makes or attaches linings
- a lining or something that suggests a lining by fitting inside something else: a helmet liner
- ☆ the covering, originally the sleeve () and later, usually, the jacket () of a long-playing record
See liner in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One that draws or makes lines.
- A large commercial ship or airplane, especially one carrying passengers on a regular route.
- Baseball A line drive.
- One that makes or puts in linings.
a. A lining.
b. Material used as a lining.
- A woman's undergarment of dress length with shoulder straps; a slip.
- A jacket for a phonograph record.
Learn more about liner