Detailed carving on a piece of furniture.
- Furniture that is hand-carved with lots of beautiful embellishments is an example of furniture that would be described as detailed.
- A description of events that covers every single thing that happened is an example of a detailed description.
The definition of detailed is something that has many intricate and complex decorative features, or something that has many facts and is very specific and careful.
Characterized by abundant use of detail or thoroughness of treatment: a detailed report on tax laws.
(comparative more detailed, superlative most detailed)
- simple past tense and past participle of detail
- She apologized that she would once again need his detailed report now that the body remained missing.
- We recognized her voice but I never said anything but my piece; the detailed tip.
- He detailed his pre-dinner conversation with Paul Dawkins.
- It was a detailed map, with the sea painted blue and the land border meticulously drawn.
- He detailed the man's selection of clothes and the contents of his medicine cabinet as he shaved.