- Biology Not specifically adapted to a particular environment or function; not specialized.
- Generally prevalent: observed a state of generalized discontent.
- Medicine a. Involving an entire organ.b. Spreading through or affecting the entire body; not localized: a generalized infection.
(comparative more generalized, superlative most generalized)
- Made more general, less specialized.
- The generalized formula applies to all cases, the specialized one only works on simple problems.
- Simple past tense and past participle of generalize.