- the condition or quality of being general, or applicable to all
- a general statement, idea, etc., specif.
- one that is vague or inadequate
- the bulk; main body
Origin of generalityMiddle English generalte from Old French généralité from Late Latin generalitas from Classical Latin generalis
- The state or quality of being general.
- An observation or principle having general application; a generalization.
- An imprecise or vague statement or idea.
- The greater portion or number; the majority.