- the state, quality, or fact of being particular; specif.,
- individuality, as opposed to generality or universality
- the quality of being detailed, as a description
- attention to detail; painstaking care
- the quality of being fastidious or hard to please
- something particular; specif.,
- an individual characteristic; peculiarity
- a minute detail
Origin of particularityMiddle French particularité ; from Late Latin particularitas
- The quality or state of being particular rather than general.
- Exactitude of detail, especially in description: a travel account written with almost excruciating particularity.
- Attention to or concern with detail; fastidiousness: a scholar known for her particularity.
- A specific point or detail; a particular.
- An individual characteristic; a peculiarity.