- Individuality is defined as the unique characteristics and traits that make someone or something one of a kind.
The things that make you distinctively you and distinguish you from others are an example of your individuality.
individuality definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. individualities
- the sum of the characteristics or qualities that set one person or thing apart from others; individual character
- personal identity; personality
- the condition of being individual, or different from others: houses in the suburbs often have no individuality
- a single person or thing; individual
- Obsolete indivisibility
Origin: Midieval Latin individualitas
individuality definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. in·di·vid·u·al·i·ties
- a. The aggregate of qualities and characteristics that distinguish one person or thing from others; character: choices that were intended to express his individuality; monotonous towns lacking in individuality.b. An individual or distinguishing feature.
- The quality or state of being individual; singularity: She was so absorbed by the movement that she lost all sense of individuality.
- A single, distinct entity.
- Archaic Indivisibility.