When you and your cousin both have blond hair, this is an example of a commonality.
- the common people; commonalty
- a sharing as of common features or characteristics
Origin of commonalityMiddle English communaltie ; from Old French communalté: see communal and amp; -ty
- a. The possession, along with another or others, of a certain attribute or set of attributes: a political movement's commonality of purpose.b. A shared feature or attribute.
- See commonalty.
- The common people; the commonalty
- The joint possession of a set of attributes or characteristics.
- Such a shared attribute or characteristic
- (telecommunications) A quality that applies to materiel or systems: (a) possessing like and interchangeable parts or characteristics enabling each to be utilized, or operated and maintained in common; (b) having interchangeable repair parts and/or components; (c) applying to consumable items interchangeably equivalent without adjustment.
Variant form of commonalty.