- That can be consumed: consumable energy.
- That may be depleted or worn out by use: consumable paper products.
consumable - Computer Definition
A material that is used up and needs continuous replenishment, such as paper and toner. "The low-tech end of the high-tech field!"
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
Variant of consume
- to destroy, as by fire; do away with
- to use up
- to spend wastefully; squander (time, energy, money, etc.)
- to eat or drink up; devour
- to absorb completely; engross or obsess: consumed with envy, a consuming interest
- to buy for one's personal needs
Origin: Middle English consumen ; from Old French consumer ; from Classical Latin consumere, to use up, eat, waste ; from com-, together plush sumere, to take ; from sub-, under plush emere, to buy, take: see redeem
- Now Rare to waste away; perish
- to buy consumer goods or services for one's personal needs
- consumable adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.