- the common people; people not of the upper classes
- a general body or group
- a corporation or its membership
Origin of commonaltyMiddle English and amp; Old French communalte: see communal
- The common people as opposed to the upper classes. Also called commonality.
- An incorporated body; a corporation.
- An entire group: the commonalty of laypeople.
Origin of commonaltyMiddle English communalte, from Old French comunalte, from Medieval Latin comm&umacron;nalitas, from Late Latin comm&umacron;nalis, of the community; see communal.