- the common people; people not of the upper classes
- a general body or group
- a corporation or its membership
Origin of commonaltyMiddle English and Old French communalte: see communal
- The common people as opposed to the upper classes. Also called commonality .
- An incorporated body; a corporation.
- An entire group: the commonalty of laypeople.
Origin of commonaltyMiddle English communalte from Old French comunalte from Medieval Latin commūnālitās from Late Latin commūnālis of the community ; see communal .