- The act or process of individuating, especially the process by which social individuals become differentiated one from the other.
- The condition of being individuated; individuality.
- Philosophy a. The development of the individual from the general or universal.b. The distinction or determination of the individual within the general or universal.
- In Jungian psychology, the gradual integration and unification of the self through the resolution of successive layers of psychological conflict.
- Embryology Formation of distinct organs or structures through the interaction of adjacent tissues.