- undivided adherence or devotion to one particular party, system, interest, theory, etc.
- the policy of allowing each member or state in a federation to govern independently without regard to the interests of the whole
See particularism in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Exclusive adherence to, dedication to, or interest in one's own group, party, sect, or nation.
- A principle of allowing each state in a nation or federation to act independently of the central authority, especially in promoting its own economic interests.
- par·ticˌu·lar·isˈtic adjective
Learn more about particularism