generalization[jen′ər ə li zā′s̸hən, jen′rəl i-]
- The definition of a generalization is a broad statement or idea that applies to a lot of people or situations.
When you make a general statement without details about what you see or hear, this is an example of a generalization.
- the act or process of generalizing
- a general idea, statement, etc. resulting from this; inference applied generally
- The act or an instance of generalizing.
- A principle, statement, or idea having general application.