- Applied is something that can be used for a definite purpose.
Using science to figure out the volume of water in a swimming pool is an example of an applied science.
- The definition of applied is you used something to solve a problem or answer a question.
If you pressed on the brakes to stop the car, then that is an example of how you applied the brakes.
- Applied means that something had an appropriate connection to something else.
A certain rule than needs to be followed only by certain people is an example of rules that are applied to certain people.
- Applied is defined as filling out paperwork in order to receive something, like a job or admission to a school.
If you answered questions about yourself and your work experience in hopes of getting a job, that is an example of applied for a job.
- Applied means you tried your very best when doing a task.
If you completed all class assignments and made a perfect score on the final, then that is an example of how you applied yourself.
- put into practical use
- of a branch of science, serving another branch of science or engineering
- simple past tense and past participle of apply