An example of theoretical is lower interest rates will boost the housing market.
- of or constituting theory
- limited to or based on theory; not practical or applied; hypothetical
- tending to theorize; speculative
Origin of theoretical; from Late Latin theoreticus ; from Classical Greek the?r?tikos ; from -al
- Of, relating to, or based on theory.
- Restricted to theory; not practical or applied: theoretical physics.
- Studying or working to develop theory.
Origin of theoreticalLate Latin the&omacron;r&emacron;ticus, from Greek the&omacron;r&emacron;tikos, from the&omacron;r&emacron;tos, observable, from the&omacron;rein, to look at; see theorem.
(comparative more theoretical, superlative most theoretical)