- A claim that it was 20 degrees yesterday is an example of something that is factual as long as it is true.
- Statistics on weather over the past five years is an example of factual information.
The definition of factual is true or concerned with actual details or information rather than ideas or feelings about it.
- of or containing facts
- having the nature of fact; real; actual
Origin of factualfact + (act)ual
- Of the nature of fact; real.
- Of or containing facts.
(comparative more factual, superlative most factual)
- Of or characterised by or consisting of facts.
From fact and -al (improperly formed, after analogy of actual).