- having the nature of a stereotype; esp., hackneyed; trite; not original or individualized
- printed from stereotype plates
- Lacking originality, creativity, or individuality.
- Conforming to a social norm; conventional.
- Of or relating to stereotypy: stereotyped behavior.
- Printing Printed or reproduced from stereotype plates.
- Simple past tense and past participle of stereotype.
Variant of stereotype
- a one-piece printing plate cast in type metal from a mold (matrix) taken of a printing surface, as a page of set type
- an unvarying form or pattern; specif., a fixed or conventional notion or conception, as of a person, group, idea, etc., held by a number of people, and allowing for no individuality, critical judgment, etc.
Origin of stereotypeFrench adjective stéréotype: see stereo- and amp; -type