This little girl is tired.
- An example of tired is when you are no longer interested in watching TV.
- An example of tired is an old and boring cliche.
- An example of tired is when you are exhausted and need to go to sleep.
- fatigued, worn-out, or weary
- stale; hackneyed
Origin of tiredMiddle English (Northern) tyrit ; from tiren: see tire
- a. Exhausted of strength or energy; fatigued.b. Impatient; bored: tired of the same old sandwiches.
- Overused; hackneyed: a tired joke.
- Simple past tense and past participle of tire.
(comparative more tired, superlative most tired)
- Adverbs often applied to "tired": physically, mentally, emotionally.