This little girl is tired.
- An example of tired is when you are no longer interested in watching TV.
- An example of tired is an old and boring cliche.
- An example of tired is when you are exhausted and need to go to sleep.
The definition of tired is being bored with something, or something that has become stale or being fatigued and in need of rest.
- fatigued, worn-out, or weary
- stale; hackneyed
Origin of tiredMiddle English (Northern) tyrit from tiren: see tire
- a. Exhausted of strength or energy; fatigued.b. Impatient; bored: tired of the same old sandwiches.
- Overused; hackneyed: a tired joke.
- Simple past tense and past participle of tire.
(comparative more tired, superlative most tired)
- Adverbs often applied to "tired": physically, mentally, emotionally.