- having an interest or share; concerned
- influenced by personal interest; biased or prejudiced
- feeling or showing interest or curiosity
These children are very interested in something in the grass.
- An example of interested is wanting to follow every minute of a television drama.
- An example of interested are the parties involved in a court case.
The definition of interested is the giving of attention to something or the people or things involved.
- Having or showing curiosity, fascination, or concern: I'm interested to hear about your family.
- Possessing a right, claim, or stake: an interested party in the estate. See Usage Note at disinterested.
(comparative more interested, superlative most interested)
- simple past tense and past participle of interest
- Are you as interested in photography as we are?
- I am interested in hearing from publications who want me to review their books.
- An interested party is, for example, a resident or a business in the vicinity.
- The student was also interested in the Scottish aspect of these themes.
- My neighbor is interested in astronomy and bought a small telescope.