- An example of something involved is a science experiment with dozens of necessary steps; an involved experiment.
- An example of someone involved is a person who is on a sports team.
- An example of involved are two people who are dating; an involved relationship.
The definition of involved is complicated or confusing, or participating in, or connected with a close relationship.
- not easily understood; intricate; complicated
- implicated, affected, or committed
- having a close emotional, and often sexual, relationship with
- Complicated; intricate: the involved procedure of getting a license. See Synonyms at complex.
- Connected by participation or association: involved in a conspiracy.
- On fire; burning: The fire spread, and the garage became fully involved.
- a. Emotionally committed: He joined their organization but never really got involved.b. Having a sexual relationship: They see a lot of each other but aren't involved.
- Curled inward; coiled or involute.
(comparative more involved, superlative most involved)
- simple past tense and past participle of involve
- The explanation involved potatoes, squirrels, and race cars.