- plunged into or as if into a liquid
- baptized by immersion
- Biol. embedded in another organ
- Bot. growing completely under water
A swimmer immersed in the pool
- An example of immersed is having dipped a sponge into a bath tub; immersed sponge.
- An example of immersed is a writer working on a novel who doesn’t hear anything while working; immersed writer.
The definition of immersed is put into a liquid or involved in something completely.
- simple past tense and past participle of immerse
- She leaned back and held her nose as she completely immersed herself.
- If the rods are to be buffed they are immersed in large tanks of boiling water from 4 to 6 hours.
- Quinn resided in his own world, immersed in the science of things and not suited to lead.
- 3) floating partly immersed in water and the rest in air.
- He let go of all his worries and immersed himself fully in the moment.