- An example of ignorant is a person who is has no knowledge of politics.
- An example of ignorant is a dumb person with no knowledge about anything.
- An example of ignorant is impolite behavior that goes against the standard custom of proper manners.
The definition of ignorant is something or someone lacking in knowledge, or is stupid or rude.
- having little knowledge, education, or experience; uneducated; inexperienced
- lacking knowledge (in a particular area or matter)
- caused by or showing lack of knowledge or education
- unaware (of)
Origin of ignorantOld French ; from Classical Latin ignorans, present participle of ignorare: see ignore
- Lacking education or knowledge.
- Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
- Unaware or uninformed: was ignorant of the drug's harmful effects.
Origin of ignorantMiddle English ignoraunt, from Old French ignorant, from Latin ignōrāns, ignōrant-, present participle of ignōrāre, to be ignorant, not to know; see gnō- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative ignoranter or more ignorant, superlative ignorantest or most ignorant)
From Old French ignorant