- An example of ignorant is a person who is has no knowledge of politics.
- An example of ignorant is a dumb person with no knowledge about anything.
- An example of ignorant is impolite behavior that goes against the standard custom of proper manners.
- having little knowledge, education, or experience; uneducated; inexperienced
- lacking knowledge (in a particular area or matter)
- caused by or showing lack of knowledge or education
- unaware (of)
Origin of ignorantOld French ; from Classical Latin ignorans, present participle of ignorare: see ignore
- Lacking education or knowledge.
- Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
- Unaware or uninformed: was ignorant of the drug's harmful effects.
Origin of ignorantMiddle English ignoraunt, from Old French ignorant, from Latin ign&omacron;rans, ign&omacron;rant-, present participle of ign&omacron;rare, to be ignorant, not to know; see gn&omacron;- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative ignoranter or more ignorant, superlative ignorantest or most ignorant)
From Old French ignorant