- The definition of aware is someone who knows or realizes something.
If you are up-to-date on the latest news then that is an example of being aware of the latest news.
aware definition by Webster's New World
- Obsolete on one's guard; vigilant
- knowing or realizing; conscious; informed
Origin: Middle English ; from Old English gewær ; from wær, cautious: see warn
- awareness noun
aware definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having knowledge or cognizance: aware of the difference between the two versions; became aware of faint sound.
- Archaic Vigilant; watchful.
Origin: Middle English, variant of iwar, from Old English gewǽr; see wer-3 in Indo-European roots.
- a·wareˈness noun