If you are up-to-date on the latest news then that is an example of being aware of the latest news.
- Obs. on one's guard; vigilant
- knowing or realizing; conscious; informed
Origin of awareMiddle English ; from Old English gewær ; from wær, cautious: see warn
- Having knowledge or discernment of something: was aware of the difference between the two versions; became aware that the music had stopped.
- Attentive and well informed: “Most scientists are thoughtful, liberal-minded and socially aware people” (Armand Marie Leroi).
- Archaic Vigilant; watchful.
Origin of awareMiddle English, variant of iwar, from Old English gewær; see wer-3 in Indo-European roots.
(comparative awarer, superlative awarest)