Sustainability is the ability to be upheld, or the quality of being aware and protective of the natural resources and environment during economic and population growth.
Facts About Sustainability
- The ultimate goal of sustainability is to achieve harmony with the environment, so that fewer resources are consumed than are being created.
- Sustainability seeks to use less resources or restore those that we have used.
- Awareness of sustainability allows us to maintain a level of consumption that allows for natural resources to last for future generations.
- An example of sustainability is a law that can remain in place for decades and decades.
- An example of sustainability is the conservation of energy by turning off lights when leaving a room.
Variant of sustainable
- capable of being sustained
- designating, of, or characterized by a practice that sustains a given condition, as economic growth or a human population, without destroying or depleting natural resources, polluting the environment, etc.: sustainable agriculture
- governed or maintained by, or produced as a result of, such practices: sustainable growth