The definition of sustainable is something that can be continued or a practice that maintains a condition without harming the environment.
An example of sustainable is the practice of reduce, reuse and recycle.
- capable of being sustained
- designating, of, or characterized by a practice that sustains a given condition, as economic growth, or a human population without destroying or depleting natural resources, polluting the environment, etc.: sustainable agriculture
- governed or maintained by, or produced as a result of, such practices: sustainable growth
- Capable of being sustained.
- Capable of being continued with minimal long-term effect on the environment: sustainable agriculture.
(comparative more sustainable, superlative most sustainable)
sustain +"Ž -able