- capable of being sustained
- designating, of, or characterized by a practice that sustains a given condition, as economic growth, or a human population without destroying or depleting natural resources, polluting the environment, etc.: sustainable agriculture
- governed or maintained by, or produced as a result of, such practices: sustainable growth
The definition of sustainable is something that can be continued or a practice that maintains a condition without harming the environment.
An example of sustainable is the practice of reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Capable of being sustained.
- Capable of being continued with minimal long-term effect on the environment: sustainable agriculture.
(comparative more sustainable, superlative most sustainable)
sustain +"Ž -able
- However, to be sustainable, agriculture must provide the farmer with a living.
- Part B outlines the new policy, which promotes sustainable agriculture, and Part C focuses on policy implementation.
- Resolving the VAT anomaly remains the most obvious means of promoting more sustainable approaches to the housing stock.
- These companies may purchase carbon offsets to balance some of the energy they use in production, build and operate sustainable facilities, or donate a portion of their profits to environmental or humanitarian organizations.
- If you'd like to get even more involved, for example by joining an activist group or the ecological education movement, contact Sustainable Living through the website and start making a difference on a global and local level.