A woman assists an unconscious man.
- When you make a gesture automatically without thinking about it, this is an example of an unconscious gesture.
- When you are hit on the head and you pass out, this is an example of a time when you are unconscious.
- not endowed with consciousness; mindless
- temporarily deprived of consciousness: unconscious from a blow on the head
- not aware (of): unconscious of his mistake
- not known, realized, or intended; not done, said, etc. on purpose: an unconscious habit, unconscious humor
- not aware of one's own existence; not conscious of self
- having to do with those of one's mental processes that one is unable to bring into one's consciousness
- Lacking awareness and the capacity for sensory perception; not conscious.
- Temporarily lacking consciousness.
- Occurring in the absence of conscious awareness or thought: unconscious resentment; unconscious fears.
- Without conscious control; involuntary or unintended: an unconscious mannerism.
(comparative more unconscious, superlative most unconscious)
- (psychology) The unconscious mind