- The definition of intended is something that has been planned, or is in the future.
An example of something intended is a job you plan on getting.
- Intented is defined as the person you have agreed to marry.
An example of an intended is a fiancé.
- meant; planned
- prospective; future: one's intended wife
Informal the person whom one has agreed to marry; fiancé(e)
- Deliberate; intentional: “He nodded again, so slight a motion that only one who knew him could read it as an intended gesture” (Sabina Murray).
- Prospective; future: an intended trip abroad next month.
A person whom one intends to marry; a fiancé or fiancée: our daughter and her intended.
- 2002, United States General Accounting Office, Report to congressional committees: Foreign assistance read at [] on 14 May 2006 - Funds were spent for intended purposes and not misused.
- Fiancé or fiancée.
- Simple past tense and past participle of intend.
- 1917, Joseph Conrad, Victory read at [] on 14 May 2006 - His purpose was to discover how long these guests intended to stay.
- detinned, indented