- The definition of intended is something that has been planned, or is in the future.
An example of something intended is a job you plan on getting.
- Intented is defined as the person you have agreed to marry.
An example of an intended is a fiancé.
intended definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- meant; planned
- prospective; future: one's intended wife
Informal the person whom one has agreed to marry; fiancé(e)
intended definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Deliberate; intentional: “The only option is whether these will be purposeful, intended policies or whether they will be . . . concealed ones” (Daniel Patrick Moynihan).
- Prospective; future: an intended trip abroad next month.
A person whom one intends to marry; a fiancé or fiancée: our daughter and her intended.
- in·tendˈed·ly adverb