- The definition of betrothed is someone who is engaged to be married.
An example of betrothed is a woman wearing an engagement ring.
- Betrothed is defined as the person another is engaged to marry.
An example of betrothed is the person you're engaged to.
engaged to be married
the person to whom one is betrothed
Engaged to be married.
A person to whom one is engaged to be married.
- Simple past tense and past participle of betroth.
- 1901: American Standard Version of the Bible, Luke 1:27, read at [] - A virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph.
- Fiancé or fiancée
- 2005: Mori, on In Passing messageboard read at  on 16 May 2006, Pffft - We both hated using that word [fiancé], and were constantly trying to use alternatives such as "betrothed" and "intended".