This woman is betrothed.
- The definition of betrothed is someone who is engaged to be married.
An example of betrothed is a woman wearing an engagement ring.
- Betrothed is defined as the person another is engaged to marry.
An example of betrothed is the person you're engaged to.
Engaged to be married.
A person to whom one is engaged to be married.
- simple past tense and past participle of betroth
- Fiancé or fiancée
- The father and mother came into the room and gave the betrothed couple their blessing.
- And here he was sitting by her side as her betrothed, seeing, hearing, feeling her nearness, her breathing, her movements, her beauty.
- He hoped Billy and his betrothed had something.
- I was betrothed when I was sixteen to another servant.
- Marcus had been, at the age of fifteen, betrothed to Fabia, the sister of Commodus; the engagement was broken off by Antoninus Pius, and he was betrothed to Faustina, the daughter of the latter.