- Assured is defined as something that is definite.
An example of something that is assured is an employee's pension.
- The definition of assured is someone who is self-confident.
Assured describes someone who is assertive.
- made sure; certain
- confident; sure of oneself
- Chiefly Brit. insured
- the person to whom an insurance policy is payable
- Chiefly Brit. the person whose life or property is insured
- Made certain; guaranteed: an assured income.
- Exhibiting confidence or authority: paints with an assured hand.
- Chiefly British Insured.
- Simple past tense and past participle of assure.
(comparative more assured, superlative most assured)
Variant of assure
transitive verbassured, assuring
- to make (a person) sure of something; convince
- to give confidence to; reassure: the news assured us
- to declare to or promise confidently: I assure you I'll be there
- to make (a doubtful thing) certain; guarantee
- to make safe or secure
- Chiefly Brit. to insure against loss, esp. of life
Origin of assureMiddle English assuren ; from Old French asseurer ; from Medieval Latin assecurare ; from Classical Latin ad-, to + securus, secure