This woman is betrothed.
- The definition of betrothed is someone who is engaged to be married.
An example of betrothed is a woman wearing an engagement ring.
- Betrothed is defined as the person another is engaged to marry.
An example of betrothed is the person you're engaged to.
Engaged to be married.
A person to whom one is engaged to be married.
- simple past tense and past participle of betroth
- Fiancé or fiancée
- The father and mother came into the room and gave the betrothed couple their blessing.
- I was betrothed when I was sixteen to another servant.
- Was allying himself with the Howards, Thomas Howard, a boy of eleven, had been betrothed to Anne, daughter of the late King Edward IV., and Henry VII.
- In 1109 she was betrothed to the emperorelect, Henry V., and was sent to Germany, but the marriage was delayed till 1114.
- On the following day Henry was betrothed to Jane Seymour.