The definition of responsive is gives an answer, or reacts easily or readily.
An example of a responsive person is someone who is always there when her friends need help.
- that gives or serves as an answer or response
- reacting easily or readily to suggestion or appeal: a responsive audience
- sensitive to, and readily reacting to, stimuli, changes, control mechanisms, etc.: a responsive stock market, sailboat, etc.
- containing or consisting of responses: responsive reading in church
Origin of responsive; from French or LL: French responsif ; from Late Latin responsivus
- Answering or replying; responding.
- Readily reacting to suggestions, influences, appeals, or efforts: a responsive student.
- Containing or using responses: responsive reading; responsive liturgy.
(comparative more responsive, superlative most responsive)