- The definition of apathetic is someone who is not interested or doesn’t show any feeling or emotion.
A citizen who does not vote in a public election is an example of an apathetic citizen.
- feeling little or no emotion; unmoved
- not interested; indifferent; listless
Origin of apathetic; from apathy, modeled on pathetic
- Feeling or showing a lack of interest or concern; indifferent.
- Feeling or showing little or no emotion; unresponsive.
Origin of apatheticFrom apathy, on the model of pathetic.
(comparative more apathetic, superlative most apathetic)