An educated woman on her graduation day.
educated definition by Webster's New World
- having, or showing the results of, much education
- ☆ based on knowledge or experience: an educated guess
educated definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having an education, especially one above the average.
- a. Showing evidence of schooling, training, or experience.b. Having or exhibiting cultivation; cultured: an educated manner.
- Based on a certain amount of experience or factual knowledge: an educated guess.
Variant of educate
- to train or develop the knowledge, skill, mind, or character of, esp. by formal schooling or study; teach; instruct
- to form and develop (one's taste, etc.)
- to pay for the schooling of (a person)
Origin: Middle English educaten ; from Classical Latin educatus, past participle of educare, to bring up, rear, or train ; from educere ; from e-, out plush ducere, to lead: see duct