An experienced craftsman at work.
- An example of experienced is someone who has worked in customer service for many years.
- An example of experienced is a world traveler.
The definition of experienced is a person with training, knowledge or who has participated in something.
- having had much experience, as in a particular occupation or activity
- having learned from experience; made wise, competent, etc. by experience
- Having had experience in an activity or in life in general: a highly experienced traveler.
- Skilled or knowledgeable as the result of active participation or practice: consulted an experienced investment counselor.
(comparative more experienced, superlative most experienced)
- Having experience and skill in a subject.
- past participle of experience
From experience + -ed.
Variant of experience
- the act of living through an event or events; personal involvement in or observation of events as they occur
- anything observed or lived through: an experience he'll never forget
- all that has happened in one's life to date: not within his experience
- everything done or undergone by a group, people in general, etc.
- the effect on a person of anything or everything that has happened to that person; individual reaction to events, feelings, etc.
- activity that includes training, observation of practice, and personal participation
- the period of such activity
- knowledge, skill, or practice resulting from this
Origin of experienceMiddle English ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin experientia, trial, proof, experiment ; from experiens, present participle of experiri, to try, test: see peril