- The definition of accustomed is that something has become normal or typical for you or something which is customary or usual.
An example would be when a city dweller finds the loudness of city traffic to be normal at night.
accustomed definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- customary; usual; characteristic: he spoke with accustomed ease
- used (to); habituated (to): accustomed to obeying orders
accustomed definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Frequently practiced, used, or experienced; customary: answered with his accustomed modesty. See Synonyms at usual.
- Being in the habit of: I am accustomed to sleeping late.
- Having been adapted to the existing environment and conditions: eyes not accustomed to desert sun.