- The definition of accustomed is that something has become normal or typical for you or something which is customary or usual.
An example would be when a city dweller finds the loudness of city traffic to be normal at night.
- customary; usual; characteristic: he spoke with accustomed ease
- used (to); habituated (to): accustomed to obeying orders
- Being in the habit: I am accustomed to sleeping late.
- Having been adapted to the existing environment and conditions: eyes not accustomed to desert sun.
- Frequently practiced, used, or experienced; customary: answered with his accustomed modesty. See Synonyms at usual.
(comparative more accustomed, superlative most accustomed)
- Familiar through use; usual; customary.
- Inured to; adapted to existing conditions.
- accustomed to walking long distances
- accustomed to cold
- simple past tense and past participle of accustom
accustom + -ed