- Professional is defined as performing a job to high standards, a school of higher education, or someone who does a specific type of work to earn a living.
- A well-respected landscape company is an example of a company with professional results.
- A business graduate school is an example of something professional.
- A certified public accountant is an example of someone professional.
- The definition of a professional is someone who works in a particular field.
An example of a professional is someone who plays football in the NFL.
- of, engaged in, or worthy of the high standards of a profession
- ☆ designating or of a school, esp. a graduate school, offering instruction in a profession
- earning one's living from an activity, such as a sport, not normally thought of as an occupation
- engaged in by professional players: professional hockey
- engaged in a specified occupation for pay or as a means of livelihood: a professional writer
- being such in the manner of one practicing a profession: a professional hatemonger
- a person practicing a profession
- a person who engages in some art, sport, etc. for money, esp. as a means of livelihood, rather than as a hobby
- pro ()
- a person who does something with great skill
- a. Of, relating to, engaged in, or suitable for a profession: lawyers, doctors, and other professional people.b. Conforming to the standards of a profession: professional behavior.
- Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career: a professional writer.
- Performed by persons receiving pay: professional football.
- Having or showing great skill; expert: a professional repair job.
- A person following a profession, especially a learned profession.
- One who earns a living in a given or implied occupation: hired a professional to decorate the house.
- A skilled practitioner; an expert.