- discharged or settled by or as by payment: a paid bill
- with wages or salary included; with pay: a paid vacation
This invoice has been paid.
- An example of paid is an invoice after the company who sent the company has been paid; a paid invoice.
- An example of paid is money on your paycheck you receive for time spent on vacation; a paid vacation.
The definition of paid is a something that's been taken care of by payment or is included with salary.
pt. & pp. of pay
Past tense and past participle of pay1
A past tense and a past participle of pay2
- Simple past tense and past participle of pay.
- I paid the electric and water bill this week.
- Her sister had chosen the gown and --thankfully --paid for it.
- I almost have the ranch paid off.
- It's what you're paid to do.
- After your raise, you made $1 million, paid $600,000 in taxes, and were left with $400,000—twenty times more after-tax income.