- An example of borne is when a house has held up a roof.
- An example of borne is when facts support the conclusions in a report.
- An example of borne is when boats are moved by the tides.
To be borne is defined as to be held up, supported or moved by steady pressure.
carried or transmitted by (the thing specified): foodborne microbes, mosquito-borne illness
A past participle of bear1.
- Carried or transported by. Often used in combination: current-borne plankton.
- Transmitted by. Often used in combination: mosquito-borne diseases.