- The definition of worn is a person or thing that's been changed or damaged from being used, or showing the result of being overworked or worried.
An example of worn is a pair of jeans with holes in the knees.
- Worn is defined as something has been put on the body.
An example of worn is a jacket that a person has had on all day.
- showing the effects of use, wear, etc.
- damaged by use or wear
- showing the effects of worry or anxiety
- Affected or damaged by wear or use: the worn pockets on a jacket.
- Showing the wearing effects of overwork, worry, or suffering: a pale, worn face.
Origin of wornMiddle English, past participle of weren, to wear; see wear.
- Past participle of wear
Old English geworen