- showing the effects of use, wear, etc.
- damaged by use or wear
- showing the effects of worry or anxiety
- The definition of worn is a person or thing that's been changed or damaged from being used, or showing the result of being overworked or worried.
An example of worn is a pair of jeans with holes in the knees.
- Worn is defined as something has been put on the body.
An example of worn is a jacket that a person has had on all day.
pp. of wear
Past participle of wear
- Affected or damaged by wear or use: the worn pockets on a jacket.
- Showing the wearing effects of overwork, worry, or suffering: a pale, worn face.
Origin of wornMiddle English past participle of weren to wear ; see wear .
- Past participle of wear
Old English geworen
- I'm quite worn out by these callers.
- She was so worn out that she fell asleep at the table.
- He led her through a fortress too ancient for her to date, its blackened walls and well-worn stones massive and thick.
- Most of her bedding was worn and made for a double bed.
- Soul power rippled through him and with it, the sensation of the invisible shackles he'd worn his entire adult life melting away.