- a person who hangs things: a paperhanger
- Rare a hangman; executioner
- a thing that hangs down
- Historical a short sword hung from the belt
- a thing on which or by means of which objects are, or can be, hung; specif.,
- a hook, chain, rope, strap, bracket, etc. for this purpose
- a small frame on which a garment is hung to keep it in shape
See hanger in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One who hangs something: a house painter who also works as a paperhanger.
- A contrivance to which something hangs or by which something is hung, as:
a. A device around which a garment is draped for hanging from a hook or rod.
b. A loop or strap by which something is hung.
- A bracket on the spring shackle of a motor vehicle, designed to hold it to the chassis.
- A decorative strip of cloth hung on a garment or wall.
- A short sword that may be hung from a belt.
Learn more about hanger