An example of worn out is old sneakers with flat treads.
- no longer effective, usable, or serviceable due to wear or overuse
- exhausted; tired out
- Worn or used until no longer usable or effective.
- Thoroughly exhausted; spent.
(comparative more worn-out, superlative most worn-out)
- Damaged due to hard or continued use or exposure until no longer useful or effective.
- There is no challenge in fighting a worn-out old man.
- He still wears his old worn-out shoes.
- You can barely read the worn-out logo on those shoes.
- Exhausted or fatigued from exertion.
- The worn-out soccer players lined up to congratulate the other team.
(comparative more worn out, superlative most worn out)