- The definition of worn out is someone who is really tired, or it is something that has been used so much it is breaking, performing poorly or otherwise not able to be fully functional.
An example of worn out is old sneakers with flat treads.
- no longer effective, usable, or serviceable due to wear or overuse
- exhausted; tired out
- Worn or used until no longer usable or effective.
- Thoroughly exhausted; spent.
(comparative more worn-out, superlative most worn-out)
- Damaged due to hard or continued use or exposure until no longer useful or effective.
- There is no challenge in fighting a worn-out old man.
- He still wears his old worn-out shoes.
- You can barely read the worn-out logo on those shoes.
- Exhausted or fatigued from exertion.
- The worn-out soccer players lined up to congratulate the other team.