My homework is done!
- The definition of done is finished or completed.
An example of something done is a meal that is fully cooked.
- Done is defined as to have accomplished something in the past.
An example of to have done something is to have completed homework yesterday.
- completed; ended
- sufficiently cooked
- socially acceptable because acceptable to arbiters of good taste: usually in a negative construction: it just isn't done
- dead, ruined, etc.
- discarded or dismissed as a failure
- Having been carried out or accomplished; finished: a done deed.
- Cooked adequately.
- Socially acceptable: Spitting on the street is just not done in polite society.
- Informal Totally worn out; exhausted.
(comparative more done, superlative most done)
- (of food) Ready, fully cooked.
- As soon as the potatoes are done we can sit down and eat.
- In a state of having completed or finished an activity.
- He pushed his empty plate away, sighed and pronounced "I am done."
- They were done playing and were picking up the toys when he arrived.
- Being exhausted or fully spent.
- When the water is done we will only be able to go on for a few days.
- Without hope or prospect of completion or success.
- He is done, after three falls there is no chance he will be able to finish.
- Fashionable, socially acceptable, tasteful.
- I can't believe he just walked up and spoke to her like that, those kind of things just aren't done!
- What is the done thing these days? I can't keep up!
- past participle of do
- I have done my work.
- (African American Vernacular, Southern American English, auxiliary verb, taking a past tense) Used in forming the perfective aspect.
- I done did my best to raise y'all.