- not finished; not completed or perfected; incomplete
- having no finish, or final coat, as of paint
- not processed after looming, as woolen cloth
- Not brought to an end; incomplete: unfinished business.
- Not having received special processing, such as dyeing or varnishing: unfinished furniture.
un- +"Ž finished
- His unfinished question lingered in the silence between them.
- I don't mean monsters are chasing me but I have a deadline or there's some unfinished business.
- I don't want any unfinished business cropping up later.
- One more piece of unfinished business was put to rest when Dean arranged for two young friends of DeLeo to ferry Fred's rental car back to Scranton.
- That's a dangling something—an unfinished sentence.