- The definition of immature is something that isn’t fully grown or developed.
- An example of something immature is a young chick.
- An example of something immature is a childlike sense of humor.
This chick is an immature chicken.
immature definition by Webster's New World
- not mature or ripe; not completely grown or developed
- not finished or perfected; incomplete
- lacking the emotional maturity, sense of responsibility, etc. characteristic of an adult
- Geol. worn down only slightly by erosion, as a land surface having steeply entrenched stream valleys that lack well-developed flood plains
Origin: Classical Latin immaturus
immature definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Not fully grown or developed. See Synonyms at young.
- Marked by or suggesting a lack of normal maturity: silly, immature behavior.
Origin: Latin immātūrus : in-, not; see in-1 + mātūrus, mature; see mā-1 in Indo-European roots.
- imˌma·tureˈly adverb
- imˌma·turˈi·ty, imˌma·tureˈness noun
immature - Medical Definition