This chick is an immature chicken.
- An example of something immature is a young chick.
- An example of something immature is a childlike sense of humor.
The definition of immature is something that isn’t fully grown or developed.
- not mature or ripe; not completely grown or developed
- not finished or perfected; incomplete
- lacking the emotional maturity, sense of responsibility, etc. characteristic of an adult, or of others one's own age
- Geol. worn down only slightly by erosion, as a land surface having steeply entrenched stream valleys that lack well-developed flood plains
Origin of immatureClassical Latin immaturus
- Not fully grown or developed: an immature plant.
- Marked by or suggesting a lack of normal maturity: silly, immature behavior. See Synonyms at young.
An immature animal; a juvenile.
Origin of immatureLatin immat&umacron;rus : in-, not; see in–1 + mat&umacron;rus, mature; see ma-1 in Indo-European roots.
- im′ma·tur′i·ty, im′ma·ture′ness
(comparative more immature, superlative most immature)
From Middle French immature