This child is in his infancy.
- A company that just started last week is an example of a company in its infancy.
- A one month old child is an example of infancy.
- the state or period of being an infant; babyhood; very early childhood
- the beginning or earliest stage of anything
- Law the state or period of being a minor; period before the age of legal majority, usually eighteen; minority
Origin of infancyLate Middle English ; from Classical Latin infantia
- The earliest period of childhood, especially before the ability to walk has been acquired.
- The state of being an infant.
- An early stage of existence: Space exploration is still in its infancy.
- Law The state or period of being a minor.
infancy - Legal Definition
- The earliest stage of childhood.
- More generally used to describe a person prior to the age of majority.